Sunday, April 20, 2014

Holiday? More Like Work Day

On Saturday I drove up to Youngstown to celebrate Easter with my grandma and the rest of the family while Kevin stayed behind and continued work on the Scamp. 

While I did this: 
Kevin turned this: 
Into this: 

Kevin taped the seams of the Ensolite with double sided carpet tape after caulking and priming the seams. Then he primed the entire surface with Kilz primer, and then painted the entire inside of the trailer with a white semi-gloss latex paint. Kevin sent me pictures so I could see the progress while I was away, but I was even more blown away when I saw it in person. It looks so clean and new!!! 

Kevin even painted under the stove and heater cabinet where he replaced the floor. 

I headed back home on Sunday morning. While I was driving, Kevin headed to the store to pick up materials for the next step. 

He picked up the new flooring: 

And the paint for the cabinet doors: 
We decided to go with a gray color called  "Granite" for the doors. Finally!!! We reached a point where I could pitch in and help. I spent the afternoon removing the hardware from the doors, wiping them down, priming, and painting them. 

It's a good thing I was able to manage this on my own, because Kevin discovered one more soft spot in the floor and began the process of replacing it. As I write this, he is fiberglassing the new plywood into place while I wait for the paint to dry on the cabinet doors. It is perfect weather for this project today! 

Here is a picture of the newest hole in the floor. Fortunately, the hole is already fixed thanks to Kevin. 



The Scamp is coming along and we still have daylight left. We'll see what else we can accomplish today! 

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had time to just replace the whole floor..... will be a future endeavour

    ReplyDelete